It is like a game of tag. One author posts and tags other authors who link back to their website the next week and tag new authors. If you follow the blog hop long enough, you’re bound to find some books you’ll love! Maybe you’ll even discover a book that ends up being the next big thing.
I was tagged by my publicist Fiona Gatt.
Besides tagging people, The Next Big Thing Blog Hop includes ten questions to help you learn more about an author’s present work or work in progress. Here is my interview with a little info about my work in progress:
1. What is the working title of your new book?
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
My early life in the Outback of Queensland.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
Romantic Adventure, Outback style.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I do not know any in particular, but any young bloke with a good Aussie accent, and a pretty blonde girl, as Steve Williams and Lindy Baker.
5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
The Outback promises opportunity for the hard working, love for the lucky and a danger that can creep up on you from man, beast and country.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
It will be represented by MetaPlume.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I started writing Freda in 1988. It is in the hands of the editor now.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I do not know of any other book that has the same story line. There are many things in Freda that make it good reading. There is sadness, love, fights, attempted murder, mateship between the stockmen of the Outback and a twist that is not often met between the graziers and the station hands of those days.
9. Who or What inspired you to write this book?
My life, my imagination and my enjoyment of writing.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
The special character of Freda, the main protagonist's dog, who seems to have certain special abilities.
Now, on to tagging other people for The Next Big Thing Blog Hop. I will tag:
Pat Ritter is an accomplished writer. He knows the Outback of Australia and writes as a man of experience in his subject matter. His latest book is an exciting adventure on the road, droving.