Thursday, August 2, 2012

Home Spun Poetry #3


Tranquillity

Tranquillity and peace
As the breeze gently caresses towering trees
Carpet forming
As leaves fall gracefully to the ground
Music heard
From bubbling brook and when a magpie sings
Comfort felt
As I lose myself to nature all around
Cathedral Sky
Where stars beam the radiance of the night
On Open Plain
Horizons unbroken by any form
How small I feel
Under the velvet canopy, the vast expanse.
Emotions Rising
Pondering why we destroy what nature has born
Smog filled cities
Tearing at the throat, eyes rebel in watery revolt
Cars and mills
Creating clouds, from which, only toxic rain will fall
Chaotic Urgency
To appease the god that demands the might of wealth
No time to see
The beauty of the land, to pause, to dream at all
The Spirit Calls
I return to the forest and the plains with joy
I feel the earth
I walk alone, feet bare, naked as born
Rejuvenating
Once more nature's energy flowing in my veins.


No comments:

Post a Comment